Our Core Values
- Follow Jesus as our example for living, experiencing a daily relationship with God the Father.
- Make the Bible our foundation for living values, developing and exhibiting Biblical character.
- Tell others about the Good News of salvation, so they may experience regeneration through repentance from sins by the grace of God.
- Be passionate about our personal growth through accountability, integrity, holiness, service and sacrifice.
- Submit to the teaching of Scriptrue that any form of sexual immorality is sinful and offensive to God.
- Submit to the teaching of Scripture regarding marriage, sexual integrity, and gender, as defined in our Statement of Core Beliefs and Covenant.
In Our Relationships:
- Love, accept, forgive and serve each other as taught by the Scriptures.
- Supply insight and support to help others achieve a full life through a spiritual relationship with God.
- Treat all people with dignity, respect and love; valuing their input.
- Be a witness to the truth of God’s love through our lives.
- Promote a strong Christ-like love in the home.
- Repudiate hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual.
In Our Church Community:
- Meet together for mutual support, worship and fulfillment of our needs.
- Use Bible-based teaching to transform lives.
- Recognize, develop and support talents and spiritual gifts, encouraging excellence that honors God.
- Be a community that cares about life change, spiritual growth and real relationships.
- Develop and support leaders in our church.
- Work together for unity as a congregation.
- Focus on our mission, pursuing relevant ways to do ministry, within a Biblical framework, making a difference by taking prayerful risks.
- Be good stewards of the resources God has provided.
- taken from the West Highland Baptist Church Constitution - adopted September 14, 2016